ATTENTION TEENS, AGES 13-19!
In order to be in an ensemble, we first ask you to attend an orientation session. The orientation session will introduce you to the current members of the ensemble as we get to know you.
Upcoming Orientation Dates
Orientation dates are on a rolling basis.
Location: Spirit Square, 345 N. College Street, Charlotte, 28202.
• We do NOT select participants for The Possibility Project-Charlotte based on artistic ability alone.
• We routinely select a number of teens from various schools and youth groups to participate in our Orientation process.
• We encourage YOU to enroll for this process regardless of previous dance, theatre, vocal, or community experience.
• You must sign-up to reserve a space to attend an Orientation. NO WALK-INS.
• If you would like to participate in one of our Upcoming Orientation sessions, click on MAILING LIST and complete the form.
For Teachers and Youth Organization Leaders
We develop partnerships with teachers and youth groups from a number of schools and organizations in order to create and select the best mix of student involvement in Charlotte-Mecklenburg. We would be glad to arrange a visit to your school or organization to meet your students and share information about participating in The Possibility Project-Charlotte. If you would like to discuss a partnership with your school or youth organization, contact Nikkeia Wiler, Managing & Artistic Director, at email@example.com or call 704.621.6958.
“Be open-minded about the entire experience. One of our First Agreements is “try it on”, and I think this is one of the hardest agreements to follow. But there’s no way to grow or enjoy The Possibility Project if you don’t go in there with an open mind, not only towards the activities, but also towards the people you meet there. Try to put aside your initial judgments and get to know the other people. We don’t do this nearly enough in life and in The Possibility Project it’s a really important part of the experience. You may not be amazingly talented at everything, but you really don’t need to be. Just be open and willing to try everything – it will all fall into place. It certainly did for me and it became one of the most important experiences of my life.”
Lucy Stickler, Creative Team Member